[cdt-l] Mount Taylor Appeal Denied

Ginny & Jim Owen spiritbear2k at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 08:31:26 CDT 2007

Shaggy wrote -> Don't get me wrong though, I don't think adding a water source is> a bad idea. But if one is added, it must be a reliable one. Not a> water cache, which requires a human body to deliver water for the> hikers. Possibly a spring? Or a tank. Even those, will innevitably dry> up at some point. Which is what makes backpacking long trails get> interesting at some points!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the fallacy of water caches.  That one is worth an essay - or maybe a book.  I don't have time right now, but it'll likely get written in the near future.

We have a 2006 photo of a solar well in WY - with a water cache under the the trailer with the solar panel.  As a good friend has said for years - Idiots abound.  Enuff for now.

Walk softly,
Jim