[cdt-l] Montana fires question

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Fri Sep 7 14:16:05 CDT 2007

David,

You can check out the fire map here:
http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/activefiremaps.php?op=maps&rCode=nrw
Click on the large .jpg map.
This won't tell you the various agency closures, but it will tell you
what's burning, and what's burned recently. It also, doesn't have the
CDT drawn out or a lot of other landmarks, but it's fairly detailed. It
doesn't look like there's a lot of "actively burning in last 24 hours"
areas (a little bit in the ahorn), but there's probably a lot smoldering
and such.... and that's enough for them to keep things "closed".

You can also check here:
http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/#
for more information & links about various fires. There's also a .kmz if
you happen to have a fast internet connection & google earth... but I
doubt that's the case in Darby!

-Jonathan