[cdt-l] CDT-2008

Horton, David dhorton at liberty.edu
Sun Sep 30 20:07:43 CDT 2007

Hi to all of you on the cdt-l.   I am planning on doing the CDT in the
summer of 2008.  I am a ultra runner who lives in Lynchburg, VA.  I have
previously set the speed record on the Long Trail, AT, and PCT.   I plan
on starting the CDT around June 5-10, 2008 at the Mexican border.  I
know that Squeaky set the record of 75 days in 2005 unsupported.   I
plan on doing it supported somewhere around 65 days, plus or minus 5
days, depending on the length of the trail.

I know that you are thinking, how can you set a record on a trail that
is not complete or has various routes?  I plan on hiking the official
trail as much as possible and not taking any shortcuts.

How long is the trail if I do it this way??   I hear the CDTA saying it
is 3100 miles.   When Squeaky and Flyin Brian did it, they both reported
2700 miles.

I know I have a lot to learn and I look forward to learning from many of
you.

I love the trails

In Christ

David Horton