[Cdt-l] DeLorme or not DeLorme

Lawton Grinter lawtong at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 11:15:54 CDT 2008

Lynne, I have to second The Onion's opinion on the Delorme New Mexico  Atlas . . . it's worthless  and quite sub-par compared to all the other Delorme Atlases that a hiker would use on the CDT.  My main issue with the New Mexico Delorme is that the forest service roads aren't labeled with any kind of name.  Not very helpful when you're trying to navigate thru the state.

I own the Benchmark Road & Recreation Atlas for Utah and it's of great quality . . . I'd be willing to bet the Benchmark Atlas for New Mexico is also.  And I remember a number of the hunters we met in northern New Mexico were carrying a Rand McNally Recreation Atlas (???) for New Mexico . . . they said it was great.  I can't seem to find it online though.

Best to all of those about to embrace the brutality :)

-Disco

lawton grinter
PO Box 941
Crested Butte, CO  81224