[Cdt-l] DeLorme or not DeLorme

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:41:12 CDT 2008

Colter -
We've been offline for the last week or so - working our way north thru Arizona - so I didn't see the
question go by.  I may need to change that info - I checked the Shearer website, and they may be
the publishers of the DeLorme books.  So if you get a DeLorme book instead of the Shearer book,
well - personally, I'd send it back.  I just bought a Benchmark book for Utah - and it looks pretty
good so far.  I'll know more about that in a week or so - we'll be runninng the back roads in Utah
for the next month or more.  We'll let you know how it works out for us.

If you would, please let us know which book you actually get from them -

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner.

Walk softly,
Jimhttp://www.spiriteaglehome.com/

From: buck at bucktrack.comTo: cdt-l at backcountry.netDate: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 10:45:00 -0800Subject: Re: [Cdt-l] DeLorme or not DeLorme

After checking out the Spirit Eagle site http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/cdt06%20maps.html I decided to order the Shearer Publication maps, now handled by Mapsco: www.mapsco.com. and called The Roads of New Mexico. Looks much easier to read, many more maps, and it shows hundreds of water sources not shown on the Delorme maps, such as water tanks and springs.

Colter

My 1,000 Mile Hike and Paddle Across Alaskahttp://www.bucktrack.com/Alaska_Brooks_Range_Traverse.html