[Cdt-l] Bob Marshall Question

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 19:58:18 CDT 2008

We  stopped in Lincoln today to check out the trail register.  It's  a good one, dating back to 1989.  One thing I noticed though was that none of the southbound hikers this year gave any information about the trail north of Lincoln.  Since there was a big fire there last year, I'm sure northbound hikers would appreciate some current information about the status of the trail.  Is it open? Hikeable?  How much of the trail was damaged?  Did it affect water sources?

There was a fire yesterday between E. Glacier and W. Glacier south of the highway -  the whole area was covered in smoke.  Rain the past two days may have helped put it out.  They were calling for snow in the high country ;-)

Ginnyhttp://www.spiriteaglehome.com/