[Cdt-l] CPS - Cow Positioning System

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 22:55:01 CDT 2008

 >>Dr Sabine Begall and colleagues from the University of Duisburg-Essen
looked at thousands of images of cattle on Google Earth in Britain,
Ireland, India and the USA.<<

It never ceases to amaze, the stations in life a PhD can lead a person...

In any case, it's still not at all clear why they (the cows) would
listen to their "inner iron" specifically while at rest. Like deer,
their movements seems to be dictated almost entirely by the locations of
browse, water, and approaching hikers.

I've long wondered what happens when the earth's magnetic field
reverses, as it does every so many eons. Do birds fly north for the
winter (until they figure out their mistake)? Or, if it's a slow
reversal of polarity, then is there a point in time when neither pole is
particularly "compelling" to wildlife? What happens then?

I guess we'll just have to stay tuned. Apparently our magnetic field is
currently weakening, and a reversal may be imminent.

Of course, wherever a doomsday scenario is rich for the mining,
Hollywood will have already weighed in:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298814/plotsummary

- blisterfree