[Cdt-l] gas canisters

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 15:24:59 CST 2008

On the CDT/CT in Colorado, I am pretty sure the following towns will have canisters:

Breck/Frisco/Silverthorne - They all have outfitters and can all be accessed from Copper Mtn via the
Summit Stage bus for free.  You can also get to Breck/Frisco using the same bus at the Gold Hill TH (on the CT and the CDTA route
for the CDT)    http://www.summitstage.com/

Leadville - two outfitters in town

Buena Vista - I am not 100% sure about this one, but they do have outfitters in town.

Salida - Outfitters in town

Creede - pretty decent outdoor store in town, should have some

Lake City - not sure. They probably do, but you may want to contact them first:
http://www.coloradodirectory.com/sportsmanlakecity/

Silverton - I don't know. Small town, but it is a tourist/outdoors person area. I'd contact the Chamber of Commerce and see:
http://www.silvertoncolorado.com/

Durango - full service town

More info:
http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php/Backpacking-and-Hiking-documents/coloradotrail_info.html