[Cdt-l] gas canisters

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 16:32:14 CST 2008

re: Canisters on most of the CDT

Luckily, the question was about the Colorado section (and the Colorado Trail in particular).

CO is pretty easy to get canisters the whole way.

The rest of the way? Probably not! :)

Dubois, WY has a good outfitter and so does Helena, MT

New Mexico? MAYBE Grants. Pretty sure Silver City.

This is all of the top of my head. There may be others. (Butte? Rawlins? Lordsburg?)

My copy of Yogi's book is at home. That would have more definitive answers.

But overall, other than CO, canisters on the CDT (unless you mail them) will be difficult to come by.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com

-