[Cdt-l] Colorado CDT - Torreys and Grays

Mike DiLorenzo dilorenz at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 9 10:16:14 CST 2008

Marshall,

The CDTA's CDT heads south at Jones pass, and descends into Herman Gulch and then down to I70.  From there, you walk east along a frontage road paralleling the Interstate until you hit the road heading up to Grays and Torreys trail head.  You follow that road and then ascend Greys and Torreys .  From there I believe you head west and then circle around a lot, ascending to the divide, and then descending back down to a road, and then up to the divide again, maybe repeat that one or two more times;  from what I saw when I was in the area late last summer, the route looks a little circuitous.  You can see the CDTA route on the newest National Geographic Trails Illustrated maps #103, #104 and #109 (http://www.natgeomaps.com/ti_colorado).  If you choose to take this route, and need to get to Keystone, I believe you can easily get there from Argentine Pass heading down the Argentine Pass road.  I hope this helps, if you are considering this route, do get those Trails Illustrated maps b/c the route is marked on them well.  In practice, you'll find new trail, dirt roads, nice trail, and ridge top walking on this route, it would be very easy to folllow in good weather, and very difficult to follow the off trail ridge top sections in bad weather with poor visibility.

Good luck!
d-low