[Cdt-l] Google Earth "sun feature"

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Wed Dec 10 00:02:37 CST 2008

Thanks for the tip... I wasn't aware of this, but downloaded it, and it
appears to work fine for me. And it is spectacular!
I'm curious if the stars in the sky are actual stars, or just
decoration... it'd be neat to see the planets and stars... and the moon
in their proper locations... and also if you could pick any day in
history or the future... This would be like an ultimate ephemeris. (it'd
be particularly neat to look at some solar eclipses...) I'll bet it's in
the works...

Also, is the "google sky" new? I hadn't seen that before. Basically, it
does to the universe what Google Earth does to the earth... a zoomable,
seamless map of the stars... very cool. If I was more into astronomy,
I'd be wetting myself right now.

-Jonathan