[Cdt-l] Farewell to a favorite food product

Anitra Kass at_anitra at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 23:30:51 CST 2008

Nido is the Latin brand.
NITRO

Anitra I. Kass
www.anitrakass.com
760.977.8684

--- On Sun, 12/28/08, Jonathan Ley <jonathan at phlumf.com> wrote:

From: Jonathan Ley <jonathan at phlumf.com>
Subject: Re: [Cdt-l] Farewell to a favorite food product
To: cdt-l at backcountry.net
Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 8:19 PM

This is absolutely tragic. I was looking for some a few weeks ago and
couldn't find it...

Apparently, there are good (perhaps even better) alternatives sold at
Mexican groceries... Anyone on the list know of any brands or
"descriptions" to look for?

-Jonathan

padtek336 at cfl.rr.com wrote:
> While planning a potential CDT trip in 2009 I was interested to note that
REI no longer sells the Low-Fat Milkman brand milk powder.  I always loved this
brand over all the others; loving the creamy taste behind their signature claim
of including a “Kiss of Cream”.

> I stumbled across an article published in the Christian Science Monitor
newspaper with the full story behind the loss of this cherished trail food.  I
commend this story to others like me who will remember this product as a lost
friend.