[Cdt-l] Cell Phone/GPS Question

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 12:27:40 CST 2008

I have not thru-hiked, I can only speak for a couple hundred mile
stretch in Colorado (Grand Lake to Berthoud Pass) but I got great
service with my iPhone, and often. Almost any time I was above the
treeline, actually, and often at the crest of hills or mountains still
below the treeline. Even though there aren't that many cities near the
trail -- Must just be some kind of radio reflection from the
mountains, or that there was so little to interfere once you were
above the treeline.