[Cdt-l] Cell Phone/GPS Question

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Fri Feb 22 20:07:35 CST 2008

I think Colorado is more of the exception, as there are more towns along
the way, and more time above treeline where you have a clear shot to
them... In general, you might pick up reception when you're nearing
roads, or on some random mountaintops here & there if there happens to
be a town in a valley below, but It's not something I'd count on for
safety purposes. Still, the phone could come in handy when you're "in
town" or stuck on some road having trouble hitching... and for safety
purposes, it might help you a bit - you'd only have to "reach a coverage
area" to get help, instead of actually reaching a person. Where exactly
that coverage area "is" however might take a bit of luck & guesswork...

-Jonathan