[Cdt-l] Antelope Wells vs. Columbus vs. Crazy Cook

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 09:33:01 CST 2008

When I did the CDT, I really did not know much about the Crazy Cook monument route.

As I had a friend gracious enough to pick me up, and knew nothing about how to get to the route on foot, much less by car, decided to do Antelope Wells.

Why Antelope Wells vs. Columbus?   Columbus struck me as too busy of an ending. The quite, in the middle of now where ending appealed to me more.

Having said all that, when I do another CDT journey, I'd take the Crazy Cook route.    Combines the quite ending/start of the Antelope Wells route with less road walking of the Columbus route.

Every time I've used new tread in New Mexico, I've been impressed.

Just my .02, YMMV, HYOH, BINGO, etc..

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com