[Cdt-l] N to S jump to Steamboat

Doug Graybeal doug at graybealarchitects.com
Thu Feb 28 10:32:19 CST 2008

CDT Hikers,

With all the snow in southern Colorado this year, pending a big melt, we are considering jumping from Chama to Steamboat Springs and doing the rest of Colorado at the end of our hike. It is also our home state. This would put us in Steamboat around the 9th of June which maybe early, but looking at the maps there at lower trails that can be used to by pass the higher ridges including Mount Ethel.  We would like to stay on the divide, hence this email to inquire if anyone is familiar with this area or past hikers who have been through this area can provide input and if crampons or snowshoes might be a recommended.  

Thank you one and all,

Gray wolves
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/cdt-l/attachments/20080228/b09eafe3/attachment.html 

More information about the Cdt-l mailing list