[Cdt-l] Thank you all for your advice

Michael Cravens cryptobranchidae at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 12:34:34 CST 2008

Thank you all for your advice, it’s very much appreciated.  As far as starting early goes, it looks like I should talk with my hiking partner about pushing our start date forward some.

I know the thruhiking dog thing can be controversial, and a lot of people have extreme feelings about it, but I assure you all that I love my dog very much and I’m approaching our hike together very cautiously.  He’s young, healthy, energetic, obedient, and loves to be in the field as much as I do; and, to be completely honest, I don’t want spend six months away from him and I think the same would be true for his feelings towards me.  What I’m hoping for is some sound advice from people that have hiked with dogs in arid/hot conditions and how they dealt with getting around the national parks.

Thanks again,

Mike

http://michaelcravens.com
cryptobranchidae at hotmail.com