[Cdt-l] Thanks again, and a few notes about my dog

Michael Cravens cryptobranchidae at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 18:06:44 CST 2008

Thanks everyone, I’ve really gotten some great responses to my questions, publicly and privately.  Just a final note or two about my dog, Quinn, he’s a golden retriever of the old school variety, you can see photos of him here, http://cryptobranchidae.tripod.com/id1.html .  We have backpacked and paddled many many miles together.  He knows all the rules of the trail, like not chasing critters, moving off the trail to allow other hikers, equestrians, etc… to pass, and he always hikes directly behind me.  I know everyone thinks they have a great dog, but I really do; if I’m not at work we’re together and we communicate very well.  I have taken into consideration how big of a pain in the a$$ it will be at times to have him along on the trail, as well as his own discomfort.  If I didn’t think he was up to it, or even if I didn’t think he was going to love it, I wouldn’t take him.

Thanks again to you guys that took the time to offer advice.

Mike
http://michaelcravens.com
cryptobranchidae at hotmail.com