[Cdt-l] How many 2006 CDT Hikers attempted thru-hike

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 12:29:16 CST 2008

There were 50 or so who intended to hike the trail.  I had a list going before we started  I've updated it a bit, with status as far as I knew it.  Those we met on the trail are added in. Some people said they were going to start but we never met them or heard from them so I have no idea what happened to them.  Others who hiked are probably not on the list. But this is the 2006 list as of April 1, 2006.
Ginny

***************************
2006 Hikers (List made prehike)

Heading North:Jim and Ginny – northbound - finishedSpur and Ready –  FinishedWetdog – northbound ?Liz Mares – La Zorra - lazorrasquest.com. Didn’t finishCorinne/Blister Sister – North - FinishedSalamander – NB – I think she got off in Montana?Packrat – NB finishedHomebrew – NB - finishedDavid/Id, Cara/Ester and Lindsay/Poly and Laurel – northbound – Didn’t Finish
Chuckwagon and GI Jane – Stopped in MontanaMat (Laundry Mat) and Kalyn and Arturo and Adam (Magnum) – NB Arturo Didn’t finish, the others didGreyhound – flip?Friendly Bear – NB ?Andiamo/Walt and Pad Radney – north Didn’t finish – Pat was support to the Amigos groupTin Cup - Richard Hitz- finishedFloater - Bob Clausen - finishedJust Mike - Mike McHallic - finishedMountain House - Pat O'Connor - finishedSidewinder/FJ - finishedAlistair & Gail – skipped part of ColoradoPhil Lund/Zigzagger - ?
Stacy /Simply Seeking -  finished?
Five Gallon and Thermo - Finished----------  South:Mags –- finishedTrauma – Triple Crown one year hike - finished
Heather – SB ?Pepper PA – SB from GDT ?Pi – SB - FinishedJoe McMurray aka Bankrobber –?Felicia/Princess of Darkness and Lawton/Disco - finishedSkittles/Richard Larson - finished
Osprey – Triple Crown attempt – Didn’t FinishLeprechaun and Laura – SB ?Nacho with PepperPA ?Tradja/John Drollette, Jessica Drollette, and Neil Parcell – I think Tradja and Jessica finished. I don't think Neil did
Rusted Root and Ahab ?
Matti aka Speedo - finished
Lisa/Lovebarge - finished?
Pineneedle - ?----------  Direction Unknown:Joe Bob/Flatlander ?Andy McKenrick and Donna Scheitrum - ?-----------  Horseback:Pinetree and Santa Fe Jack on horseback – Never started? Possibles:Trainwreck/Stephanie White ?? Didn’t StartNacho - maybeHossier – maybe - ?Tha Wookie – - No? Long Sections:Mara – New Mexico Hiked to the Gila
Mother Nature's Son - John Calhoun (southbound from Glacier) Did New MexioRedDoug - section in S. Montana
NonaMads & Trine - Section in ColoradoGrease Pot and Garlic Man - ColoradoLawrence Beals /Bear – Maybe a long section ?Fred – section ColoradoKyhipo –sectionTim Hogeboom – sectionCupcake – section Colo/NM – Hiked ColoradoAlex/Hikerbiker – section – completion of 1992 hikeHeath & Lindsay Stephens ½ the trail – NBTravelin' Man - George Roach (NM then PCT )

From: flaglerfilms at hotmail.comTo: cdt-l at backcountry.netDate: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:00:16 +0000Subject: [Cdt-l] How many 2006 CDT Hikers attempted thru-hike

CDT Hikers,Does anybody know how many northbounders and southbounders attempting the CDT in 2006?  Some friends of mine asked me that question and I could only provide a GUESS.  If someone has a clearer answer that would be great.  Walk Safe,Carolina Cruiser

Free upgrade for your Windows Live Messenger! Click here!