[Cdt-l] Sleeping temps, footwear advice

Bruce L. Nelson buck at bucktrack.com
Sat Jan 12 14:31:13 CST 2008

Hello All,

This is my first post here. I am planning a northbound CDT hike in 2008.

I've got a Feathered Friends Rock Wren bag that has never failed to keep me warm so I'm confident it will do fine in the colder temps. On the AT I wish I had swapped to a lighter bag during the warmer months. What stretches on a northbound hike would a lighter bag likely be in order, if any?

I have a similar question for footwear. I'm planning on wearing trail-running type shoes. What's the conventional wisdom on footwear in Colorado for northbounders?

Thanks!

Bruce aka Buck, Trailname Colter

www.bucktrack.com