[Cdt-l] Cdt-l Digest, Vol 4, Issue 21

Doug Carlson doug-sue71 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 21 11:12:59 CST 2008

This is a thought I never had when I got up yesterday and when I was going
to bed the idea of hiking nobo from Mexico for 2 or 3 weeks was running
around inside my head fir the first time.  I am thinking hard about it all
day.  I would like to be home before May 8 it that is possible.  If we
started hiking around April 13 or 14 that would be my three weeks.  And I
could be home before May 8.

Were you planning on following Ley's route, CDTA or CDTS or what?  If I went
I would like to set the route into my GPS to minimize route problems and
maximize trail time.  I prefer to minimize road walking as much as possible.
Jeep routes are ok, 2-tracks.  If I could make it through the Gila
Wilderness in that amount of time I would be very much interested.  If we
could start from say Crooks Monument and make it up to Hwy 60 would be a
good trip for me.

Have you thought about getting to the trail's beginning?

Other questions?  I have family east of Phoenix, I"m stuck in Michigan.

-RedDoug