[Cdt-l] From Anaconda library

Jeff Braun jbraun at vizsolutions.com
Tue Jul 1 19:58:31 CDT 2008

Dan,

Looks like the snow melted out at Barker Lakes Snotel (8250') today.

The CDT around Butte is free of snow. I was in the Highlands today
and it has melted significantly since I skied there 2 weeks ago. I
was checking out the new CDT from Highland TH to Burton Park. The CDT
from Homestake Pass to Pipestone Pass was also completed last Thursday.

The most likely place to encounter snow on the trail around Butte is
near the Hungry Hill Mine in the Fleecers. My wife has been working
in the Fleecers for a couple of weeks and I can get the snow report
from her later tonight.

I also bailed at the Leadville junction trail 227 due to snow, except
that was in mid June, 2002.

Jeff