[Cdt-l] Snow in southern MT

Patrick 'Daybreak' Stanley daybreak1999 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 12:30:14 CDT 2008

I just finished the section from Monida (where I started) to Targhee Pass (West Yellowstone) via Henry's Lake Route.  There were about a dozen large patches in the Centennials with 3 of them serious, i.e. angled with fall potential but easily crossed as it was soft.  On Henry's Lake route there was tons of snow on and off for 3-4 miles but again only about 3 them had serious problems.  These could mostly be avoided on the rocks or used to avoid switchbacks.  The weather is consistently sunny and should be melting fast.  The flowers are superb and the mosquitoes vicious.

Will be heading through Yellowstone on Sunday, hope I don't have to bushwack.

Daybreak