[Cdt-l] Heading South

Alistair and Gail Des Moulins aandg at telusplanet.net
Mon Jul 14 23:37:36 CDT 2008

We will be heading south tomorrow and expect to be hiking the CDT southbound
from Rabbit Ears Pass near Steamboat Springs Colorado to Grants New Mexico
between about July 24th and October 15th. Some of you fast southbounders
will likely pass us during that time.
This is the only section we did not hike in 2006. We plan on hiking all of
the San Juan Mountains section rather than taking the Creede cut-off.
We'll be driving to Grants, leaving the car at the KOA there and then taking
the Greyhound to Frisco. From there we'll get to Steamboat.

Alistair