[Cdt-l] rawlins or laramie from Denver

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Tue Jul 29 23:29:14 CDT 2008

I think you outlined the options pretty clearly... Though, you can
probably get off the bus near Walcott & hitch south on Hwy 130 -
provided you had a cooperative driver. It really will depend on
what/where you want to go. Another option is to take the bus to Rawlins
& just hike the CDT to and through Battle Pass (skipping Encampment, or
hitching down). Or, if you're heading north, just start at Rawlins. It
would add or remove a few days from your travels... The section from
Encampment to Rawlins isn't the most glorious section, but it's all part
of the same "path".

-Jonathan