[Cdt-l] BenchMark Mystery

Rod Belshee rbelshee at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 22:24:19 CDT 2008

Regrettably I'd have to agree with Nocona. While my box WAS there, I can add more stories of hikers that did not receive their packages. A number of us divided up our food drops to cover one hiker who didn't get his the day we went through. I heard of other hikers (besides that hiker and Nocona) who didn't receive their boxes.

I certainly would not send maps or non-replaceable items. You can send food and will probably get it successfully (80% chance?), as long as you accept the risk that you might have to go into town anyway.

I would also agree with Nocona that Beverly means well and deserves gratitude and respect from thru-hikers. It would be very easy to rant against someone whom you are depending on that fails to come through. Instead, as you make your decisions, be aware that you are taking a chance that may not work out for you, and decide for yourself if you are okay with that. I'd ship there again, and if the package wasn't there just write it off to bad luck and hitch to town. YMMV

Steady