[Cdt-l] PocketMail Replacement

Karen Somers kborski at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 10:15:56 CDT 2008

Nowhere Man,

There is a 1-800 for Pocketmail and customer service.  As of last year, you could order service without buying a device by calling them; I found their web site to be confusing.  If you want it, I can look around for the #.  If I remember right, their number was in the User's Guide and on the actual PM device, too.

Before I used PM, I really enjoyed the old-fashioned pen and paper.  Yes, it's slower, but it is more enjoyable in many ways.  You can journal anywhere, any time.  Batteries are no worry.  Phones no worry.  No extra weight.  The only catch is that, if you want to post online, you have to have a transcriber who wants to volunteer to type your journals and post them for you.  I've never had a problem finding a volunteer who wanted to help.

Nocona