[Cdt-l] hot springs?

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Wed Mar 12 21:58:33 CDT 2008

There are a variety of bubbling pools in Yellowstone where you can soak.
Most of the water is way too hot after it comes out of the ground, but
there are 2 places where the hot water mixes with cold and it's just
right... one of these is just NW of Heart Lake along Witch Creek...
you'll kind of have to figure that out when you get there as it's a
complicated creek which you cross and follow for a bit. Basically, there
are spots right near where the trail crosses the creek. The other is
just south of Shoshone Geyser Basin, a bit west of the trail along a
creek. I think it's the un-named creek north of Cold Mountain Creek, but
I'm not sure... or maybe Cold Mountain Creek. Anyway, it was pretty
amazing... Just play it by ear I guess.

-Jonathan