[Cdt-l] Flip-Flop Ideas for NOBO and Deep Snows

Doug Graybeal doug at graybealarchitects.com
Tue Mar 18 19:42:09 CDT 2008

Bruce,

We are starting in Columbus on April 21st after an all night bus ride to Deming and early morning hitch hike to the border.  We live in Colorado and there is a lot of snow.  We plan to hike as far as Chama, New Mexico and then leap norht to Steamboat and hike out of that valley if the Continental Divide still has to much snow. Mountains outside Chama may have snow, but Wolf Creek Pass is buried. This will put us into the Red desert in June when there hopefully is water and into Glacier around Labor Day.  We may be into the Winds too early, but the snow there this year has not been as deep. We plan to return to Chama do Colorado north bound.  We wanted to hike north uninterrupted but not this year unless you want to use skis.

Gray wolves