[Cdt-l] It's Been a Week

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 00:19:23 CDT 2008

There are probably a few people who are wondering why we're playing on email when we were supposed to be in the middle of a 200+ mile hike on the Grand Enchantment Trail.  Last Tuesday we were a half hour from leaving for the trailhead when Jim took a hard fall and, at the very least, cracked 2 or 3 ribs.  It'll be some time (several weeks, at least) before he'll be up to carrying a pack again.  So we've spent a very painful and fairly grumpy week, partly sitting around getting fat and lazy for several days, then out in the Arizona backcountry chasing Anasazi and Hohokam ruins and petroglyphs.   The 'grump factor' was exacerbated by a frustrating inability, in spite of repeated attempts, to post an update for the last month to either cdt-l or at-l.  So y'all will  just have to live without that one.  In any case, for those who did get it, the last two paragraphs became moot last Tuesday morning.   For the future, we'll be wandering Arizona for a week or so, then headed for Utah again.  We'll let you know how  that works out -  Walk softly, Jim & Ginnyhttp://www.spiriteaglehome.com/