[Cdt-l] New resupply option - Homestake Pass

jbraun at vizsolutions.com jbraun at vizsolutions.com
Wed Mar 26 16:47:30 CDT 2008

For hikers following the Divide around Butte, there is a new resupply
option near Homestake Pass. Homestake Lodge, located 3 miles southeast of
the pass, should be complete by late June. The owners are willing to hold
packages for hikers and provide inexpensive accommodations. I think the
rate is $20/bed.

See http://homestakelodge.com/ for contact info.

Chris and Mandy are a very outdoor oriented couple and seem like they are
very hiker friendly. They mentioned there is an easy cross-country route
(~1.5 miles) back to the CDT for sobo hikers. I imagine they might be
willing to drive hikers back to the trail, too.

Note there could be more convenient access if there is a safe way to cross
I-90 at the rest areas about 1.5 miles east of the pass. Both the Delmoe
Lake road on the north side of I-90 and the Homestake Lodge road on the
south side of I-90 pass very close to the rest areas, thus it might be
possible to continue south from the Delmoe Lake road across I-90 directly
to the lodge.

Jeff