[Cdt-l] Water info in Crazy Cook area

Jim and/or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 18:34:28 CDT 2008

John -
thanks for the info.  I updated the website.  Took a while cause we've been in the backcountry.

Note though that the windmill and tank at highway 81 (source 8 in the Spriteagle list) is several (3?)
miles north of the present CDT crossing of NM 81.  The BLM apparently relocated part of the trail.
See http://spiriteaglehome.com/Crazy%20Cook.html

Thanks for the info - and have a great hike,
Jim
http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:05:02 -0700> From: rubacava at charter.net> To: Cdt-l at backcountry.net> Subject: [Cdt-l] Water info in Crazy Cook area> > Hi,> > I did a little reconnaissance visit to the area north of Crazy Cook monument. Here is a the info on some of the water sources between Sheridan Canyon windmill and the tank and windmill at highway 81. The list is in order north bound from Thompson Canyon Windmill.> > > Thompson Canyon Windmill (source 4 in the Spriteagle list) Dry > > Windmill north of Thompson Canyon Windmill (source 5 in the Spriteagle list) Dry> > Tire tank (source 6 in the Spriteagle list) Dry> > Cattle Tank (source 7 iin the Spriteagle list) Dry> > Windmill and tank at highway 81 (source 8 in the Spriteagle list) Plenty of water> > I think if you are going to hike this area, you might consider caching some water. If there is water in the Sheridan Canyon Windmill, then you will have a 15.5 mile trek with no water. It's doable but a water cache would cut down a bit on the weight.> > John Allen> > > > _______________________________________________> Cdt-l mailing list> Cdt-l at backcountry.net> http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/cdt-l