[Cdt-l] route planning--DeLorme Topo CD

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Fri May 2 14:56:03 CDT 2008

The DeLorme CD set is based on vector data - the maps are re-drawn each
time you look at them, so fine details like a bend in a river or road
will come out looking like jagged approximations when you zoom-in.
They're good for general overviews, but not nearly as detailed as the NG
maps for serious navigation. The NG maps are actual scans of the USGS
quads, so they're much more detailed.

-Jonathan