[Cdt-l] Lower Gila status

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 18:16:15 CDT 2008

Jonathan, I think you said it best from the start - it's impossible for
this year's hikers to know to what extent the lower Gila route may or
may not have been affected. Only a "repeat offender" would be able to
offer any real perspective on this situation. Suffice it to say, the
trail hasn't been in great shape for years, and didn't really exist in
the river's immediate flood plain anyway. So there was always a
"bushwhack" component to the walk, along with the many river fords. (The
novelty of fording does wear off after a few dozen, Gottago speaks truly!)

- blisterfree