[Cdt-l] El paso to Deming info

Neal Leavitt leavittn at gmail.com
Thu May 22 15:50:42 CDT 2008

Hello All,

Yesterday, I flew to El Paso with the intention of taking the Greyhound bus
to reach Deming.

The flight was great (the route went over many windwill farms in West
Texas), and it was a 10 minute cab from the airport to the greyhound station
in downtown El Paso...However, Ineterstate10 throughout much of New Mexico
was closed due to blowing dust! I wound up spending the night in the Gardner
Hotel, which is very near the bus station, and arrived in Deming today.  (At
the moment, there are only two greyhound buses that travel from El Paso to
Deming: one leaves at 7 a.m. the other leaves at 4:25 p.m.)

My thoughts were the following: El Paso is a very interesting city to visit;
the ride on I-10 to Deming is great (the Rio Grande is on the west side of
the highway with beautiful mountains on the east side up to Las Cruces); and
the cost was not too high, although it was more than I was planning to
spend ($28 greyhound ticket, $20 cab, $78 one way ticket from Dallas on
American, $52 for lodging).

All in all, I recommend taking this route to other folks who are starting in
NM; I spent alot of time talking to people on the bus and the city; I found
everyone very friendly; it was a great way to begin the trip.

Neal