[Cdt-l] Stoves and Routes

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 14:02:44 CDT 2008

STOVES: My take on stoves...
http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php/Backpacking-and-Hiking-documents/stove_comparison.html

BASIN:  I found the designated CDT in the Basin to be great route. Wild horse, antelopes and wide open spaces. Being a history buff, I love walking along the great routes of the American West: The Pony Express, the Mormon immigration route, the Oregon Trail, etc.

SAN JUANS: Early June is  well, early for the San Juans. In a normal snow year, late June/early July is usually the best. Of course, as thru-hiker, you may not have that luxury.

For a take on early June in the San Juans, read Sidewinder's CDT journal:

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=140572

Do and honest assessment of your navigation skills, endurance and love of snow. :)

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com