[Cdt-l] stove noise Re: Cdt-l Digest, Vol 13, Issue 7

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 18:17:56 CDT 2008

--- On Tue, 10/21/08, Eric Whte <ericshawwhite at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am not so interested in the physics of these stoves; rather
> do these alcolhol stoves really cook noodles and rice? How
> many times do you have to refuel your alcohol stove to cook
> a decent meal?

### Most alcohol stove designs hold 2 oz or better. If your stove has a poor wind screen (or it's really windy right where you're cooking), you might (*might*) need to refuel with an extra ounce. Solo, I've never had to relight, down into single digits. (Cooking for three, I have.) Mostly, less than 2 ozs fuel boils more than 3 cups cold water pretty well. I plan on six meals per 12 oz bottle, and usually end up with eight or more in summer. I cook one meal per day; for summer it's dinner, for winter, it's lunch.