[Cdt-l] Heritage Forest Campaign

The Incredible Bulk taterno at cox.net
Thu Oct 23 13:01:53 CDT 2008

I signed and sent the letter.  I hope we can make a difference.

The Incredible Bulk

---- Lawton Grinter <lawtong at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============

Hi All,

Sly is right on with his thread on the Heritage Forests Campaign.

I would recommend signing on as someone that wants the CDT to remain wild and intact.
http://actionnetwork.org/campaign/colorado_wild_forests/g8ink7497d5djem

Roadless Areas are 1 step below Wilderness Areas and if the Bush Administration is allowed to get rid of the 2001
Roadless Rule, it could directly impact a CDT'ers hiking experience in the form of more roads & more logging on or
near the trail, and more oil & gas drilling projects in these areas.

And just for a little background info . . . The Heritage Forests Campaign (HFC) is an alliance of conservationists,
wildlife advocates, clergy, educators, scientists, and other Americans working together to uphold protection
of our National Forests.  HFC has 30+ partner organizations including the Colorado Environmental Coalition (CEC).
And for the sake of full disclosure, I work as a Conservation Analyst for a non-profit here in Crested Butte and
we are partnered with CEC.

Bottom line, if the 2001 Roadless Rule is overturned by the Bush Administration the CDT could end up looking a bit
different in the near future.  It might not hurt to write your Senators and Congressman either.  You can find snail
mail and e-mail addresses for your Senators and Representatives here:

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

Happy Trails,

-Disco