[Cdt-l] Shoes

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Thu Sep 11 21:12:28 CDT 2008

My 2 cents on shoes... At the end of the PCT, my feet were numb. For the
CDT, I used some superfeet insoles, and by the end of that trail... my
feet were a little tired and a bit sore, but generally ok.

There are other good insoles too... my suggestion would be to get some
that work for you, and use them in all your shoes. The insoles are where
your feet impact the shoe, which I think makes them the most important
part. The rest of the shoe is just window dressing (to some extent). I
just use some that have a roomy toe bed, and are the right size.

One thing I've found is that by using the same superfeet in all my
shoes... they all feel the same. When I get a new pair of shoes, it's
totally anti-climatic... because they just feel the same as the last pair.

-Jonathan