[Cdt-l] Trail conditions--Gila River

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Thu Sep 25 22:58:46 CDT 2008

The lower Gila (south of the cliff dwellings) is mostly a bushwhack
these days... there are remnants of trail here & there, I'm told. But,
it is an amazing place, so not all bad - just depends on what you're
expecting. The Middle Fork ought to be ok. I'd say don't take my word as
the final word, but also, don't necessarily listen to the local rangers
100% either; they tend to have a default attitude warning people away if
there is any hint of trail damage.

-Jonathan