[Cdt-l] link to a hiker quiz

Scott Piddington sp2mtns at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 09:00:26 CDT 2009

I thought the Hiker Quiz was a blast even before I got my score of an astonishing 59%. It made me think back and reminisce about so many adventures. Some of the questions even made me laugh. Thanks Fiddlehead.

It seems to me that many thruhikers believe they are "professional" or "expert" backpackers just because they thruhike. I bite my tongue when I hear a thruhiker with no other hiking experience make such a claim. A thruhike is an incredible achievement but there are many other backpacking challenges. I had 40 years of backpacking experience all over the country before my first thruhike. Of course, now I fear I am adicted to thruhikes. Living in NH accounts for many nights & miles on snow. Adventures in Wyoming, Colorado, Florida, & Alaska accomadate many of the other questions.

No matter how much anyone does there will always be some one who does more. Who cares. Just get out there, have fun and be happy about what you can and do do.

Voyageur
AT-04, PCT-07, PCT-08, CDT-10?? (see you there Handlebar)

Message: 3