[Cdt-l] trail angels

KS1007 at aol.com KS1007 at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 18:49:38 CDT 2009

Mary and I have had a lot more people this spring  hiking north from the
Mexican border (Columbus route) and more to come - we are  angels because we
like the thru hikers and enjoy helping people - we have been  told by some
old time hikers (won't mention any names here) that being an angel  shouldn't
cost us money - we don't mind providing what we have - like the  computer,
laundry, shower, a place to cook, and a place to sleep inside,  and Mary's
and my great company LOL - we drive people to the  border (80 miles round
trip) - we see people 2 times (unlike any other  angels)  - once when they get
into town and we pick them up at the bus  station - if they get into town on
the 9:30 AM bus we have them to the border by  1:00 PM due to them getting
everything packed up and showered after many hours  on the Greyhound bus
(yuck) - if they get in on the 6:30 PM bus we eat out, they  shower and then
spend the night with me getting them to the border by 11:00  AM (I'm not a
morning person) - and then we see them 2.5 - 4 days later heading  north - some
of the questions I have are: should I have a set price for  driving people
to the border (the bus line mentioned here only goes south 2  times a day -
one early morning and one late afternoon) like Sam Hughes does  over in
Hatchita? some of the hikers have suggested a "donation" box in the  bedroom -
what do you think? I want your thoughts on this since we are here to  help YOU
- I hate getting into the $$'s aspects of all this but we are new  angels -
I don't want this to sound like I'm complaining - I'm not - we really  do
enjoy meeting all of you and helping you as much as we can - I want to help
for years to come
our house is on the new trail maps - after you come  through the Florida
Gap you get on hiway 143 heading straight north to hiway 549  turning left
there - you head west (left) about 2.5 miles to our place - if  we're not home
since we had something come up go back across the street to the  winery and
call me at 494 - 4357 - the winery has agreed to let you use the  phone to
call me - enjoy some samples of wine while you're there - they just  came in
1st place against 4000 other entries in an international competition -  the
old way was to go down rockhound road to country club road and into town
Keith and Mary
Trail Angels Columbus route
Deming, NM
**************Join ChristianMingle.com® FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
your area. Start now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221246370x1201421635/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html?cat=adbuy&src=pl
atforma&adid=aolfooter&newurl=reg_path.html)