[Cdt-l] (no subject)

Patricia Mazzolini pmazzolini at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 13:32:32 CDT 2009

I just got an email from Tim at Big Sandy Lodge. They will accept packages only if you are staying at the Lodge with an additional 25 dollar fee. So its still an option if you are willing to stay at the Lodge and pay the fee. It saddens me but does not surprise me that someone screwed it up for all the rest. It is one thing to be a trail angel where you feel the call and do it because you enjoy the sub-culture or want to give back all the kind acts you received on the trail. It baffles me why anyone would think a private business would want to provide a service and not make a reasonable profit for their effort-much less be directly violated for it. You want private enterprise to welcome hikers,much as many do hunters-and if you are going to use them for help then you need to pay for services. I realize some may not be just cheap or tight wads. Maybe you are young and broke-but then you should not be on such a tight schedule-hitch out and sleep in the
 woods. This all becomes even more important as more people hike the CDT-treat others as you would like to be treated..plastic