[Cdt-l] Nobo use of Wolf Guides

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 18:56:57 CST 2009

On our first thruhike, I rewrote the guides for a northbound hike - but then we ended up going south after all.  On our second hike I just used the JW guides, even though we were going north.  For me, it wasn't a problem.  Some people are good at translating guidebooks to the ground, others aren't.  I love guidebooks.  My husband loves maps.  Together, we do just fine.  One thing with the JW books - in some areas you need both the original book and the addendum.  Don't carry just one or the other - you need both.  It is more work - but worth it in the end.  I crossed out the sections in the book that had become obsolete so I wouldn't confuse the two.

Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/