[Cdt-l] Cdt-l Digest, Vol 27, Issue 23

Heesoo Chung impulse04 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 12:47:45 CST 2009

Yup, the Columbus/Wolf route is poorly marked. When I hiked it northbound in
2008, the first marker I saw was ~60 miles in where someone had scratched
CDT in the dirt next to their footprints. The first trail sign and the first
CDT marker came a hundred miles later in the Gila. I think that the
early sections without trail and signage were great though. It was
exhilarating to navigate with just a map, compass and the open horizon.

Most of the Columbus/Wolf route is on dirt roads though so navigation is
usually easy. Have a good trip.

Heesoo