[Cdt-l] Getting from Denver to East Glacier

Anitra Kass at_anitra at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 14:19:11 CST 2009

Or you could fly Frontie Airlines on June 15th from Denver to Minneapolis, MN for $89.60 (including tax and surcharges) and then Amtrek it to East Glacier for $169 minus 10% for AAA for $152.1.  Grand Total...$241.70.  Of course the flight is variable.  And the trail from Minneapolis takes 20 or so hours to get to East Glacier so you would get there on the next day at something like 6:45pm (assuming it's on time).

Or if you really like the train or have family in Chicago...you could fly Frontier (use their website it's cheaper than Expedia but I usually check Expedia first and find out the cheapest flight and then go to their site) it's $89.60 (with tax and surcharges) and take the Amtrak to East Glacier...$196 minus 10% for AAA for $176.4...Grand Total $266.  Note...this is a really long train ride...good if you need to catch up on journaling or postcard writing...really tough if you are antsy to get hiking.

I did the calculations for trips on the 15th of June...it's a Monday so if you flew on a tuesday or wednesday it could be cheaper (those days usually are cheaper to fly).  Happy Trails,
NITRO

Anitra I. Kass
www.anitrakass.com
760.977.8684