[Cdt-l] Attn: Back country reservations for GNP

lwgear at juno.com lwgear at juno.com
Fri Feb 6 13:14:40 CST 2009

Tom--Good to hear you're still chipping away at the CDT. I was watching footage of you just a few days ago on that hot dry NM stretch. Anyway, I took my chances in the peak of hiking season (near the end of July) and did the day-before registration process at GNP (and I had a ranger who liked me) but ended up paying dearly for it. The first day I was only permitted a 2-mile walk and the next day a whopping three miles. Thinking I could break away, at one point I combined two days into one but all that accomplished was having to wait an extra day at a campground. So I just had to accept things the way they were and ended up eventually getting thru but in a couple extra days than it normally would have required. later-lynne whelden