[Cdt-l] map printing tip

stumpknocker stumpknocker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 06:46:25 CST 2009

I ended up getting a $50.00 Lexmark x2600 that prints up to the 8.5x11 inch
paper.  The $200.00 printer I was looking at before was one that would print
the 11x17 inch paper, which....after actually reading Ley's suggestions
(which I didn't see at first) and talking to Greyhound (a friend from the AT
'02 bunch), I decided I would do the 8.5x11 size for printing out the maps.

The maps are coming out looking good.  The one question I still have is
about the paper.  Ley suggests presentation paper, which I bought.  I took a
guess as to which to get because there is high gloss, low gloss and matte
presentation paper to choose from....I got the high gloss.

I'm printing out the CO maps first, since those will be supplemented with
the Trails Illustrated maps for that state.  I figured that would be the
best set of state maps to learn on and if I later find that perhaps the
matte paper would be better, I won't have to redo CO because of the TI maps
I'm getting for that state.

I'm off to get more ink and some food to get me through this process.  :-)

--
_