[Cdt-l] Ley maps compass rose coordinates.

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Tue Feb 24 23:41:18 CST 2009

Yes, I don't think any of the long distance trails are shown on the Garmin maps.

I have been working to load traces (tracks) onto my Garmin 60CSx. The problem is still the memory of the GPS units. They just can't hold enough waypoints, trackpoints. etc. One solution with Garmin is to load them as Points of Interest (POIs).  They are like waypoints in a sense, but it is harder to string them into routes. The Colorado Trail folks say you can load the waypoints onto the micro-SD cards they will load automatically when the GPS is booted. I am not sure I ever got that to work.

My goal is to get traces of shorter segments of trails to load with the waypoints without having to use a computer. I am not there yet.

Ken