[Cdt-l] 2009 CDT hikers

Melanie Simmerman jennylind50 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 13:49:15 CST 2009

Hello, 2009 CDTers
I'm wondering who all is hiking this year and in which direction? I am planning a northbound, sort of, hike. At any rate, I'm starting in NM (haven't finalized which terminus-Cook Monument or Columbus) in late April sometime - don't have the exact date yet.

I've pretty much done Colorado section-hiking and don't plan to re-hike what I've done, which means either flipping up to Glacier and going south, or if possible continuing northbound in Wyoming (if that's possible?). Has anyone out there done that? What are conditions usually like in Wyoming in early June? It would be kind of nice to be in Glacier late summer/early fall and not in snow.

But, I'm being flexible...I'll probably decide when I get there.

Also, does anyone know how the trail (WY,ID,MT) has been impacted by the terrible fires a couple of summers ago?  Is route finding that much tougher as a result? I'm assuming there is significant fire damage.

Hope to see some of you out there!
Melanie ("Lemstar" AT96, PCT02)